Deposition Techniques featuring David B. Markowitz
Click here for brochure.
STRATEGIES • TACTICS • TECHNIQUES
David B. Markowitz
Whether you’re facing your first or 500th deposition, you’ll come away more confident, with new techniques and skills you’ll want to try right away!
• “Brilliant, thorough, prepared, articulate—and practical! David Markowitz is incredible!”
• “It’s like being with a mentor all day!”
• “I’ve seen him three times and I learn something new each time!”
Friday, December 7, 2012
6 General or Practical Skills MCLE Credits
9:00–12:00 morning session
There will be a 15-minute break during the morning session.
Deposition Goals—Ten Important Goals to Accomplish
• Determining goals and objectives
• Accomplishing desired results
• Avoiding undesired results
How to Ask Questions Effectively
• Correct question structure
• Dealing with evasive and incomplete answers
What to Ask
• Formulating tough and thorough questions
• Asking the most important questions
• Big questions—if, how, and when to ask them
• Techniques the best lawyers use
Questions & Answers
12:00–1:15 lunch (on your own)
1:15–4:15 afternoon session
There will be a 15-minute break during the afternoon session.
Dealing with the Problem Witness
• The lying witness
• The witness who “doesn’t remember”
When to Stop Asking Questions
Getting it All—Deposition Thoroughness
Style and Demeanor
• Pre-deposition meetings with witnesses
• Teaching your client how to be a terrific deposition witness
• Protecting your client during deposition—including proper objections
ABOUT THE SPEAKER=====================
Dave Markowitz is considered to be among the best trial lawyers in the Northwest. His commanding presence and keen instincts have made him a courtroom icon. He is a senior partner in the law firm of Markowitz, Herbold, Glade & Mehlhaf, PC, where he focuses on commercial litigation, including contract, tort and statutory claims, trust litigation, and real estate disputes. Dave is recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for “bet-the-company litigation,” is a fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, is a member of the prestigious International Academy of Trial Lawyers, and was recognized by Chambers USA as one of the top commercial litigators in the U.S.
He was recognized by Super Lawyers Magazine as the top Oregon litigator for 2011 and was honored by the Daily Journal of Commerce for “Leadership in Law” 2011.
In addition to his active trial schedule, Dave is a popular, nationally sought-after speaker. He has been cataloging his observations of deposition techniques and strategies for more than 30 years—and he's ready to share his experience with you!
Steven J. Spear, Vice President of Naegeli Trial Division, will be assisting Mr. Markowitz with the technology of the seminar throughout the day as well as joining him in a discussion of technology regarding taking and showing depositions at trial.
Original Recording Date: Friday, December 7, 2012
CLE Credits (60): 6 General or
Practical Skills: 6 Practical Skills
- Speaker's Bios Schedule
- MCLE Form
- Evaluation Form
- Deposition Techniques featuring David B. Markowitz
Your Rating/ReviewPlease login to enter your rating and review
For Catalog Support: 1-800-747-1719 or email support